703-430-1840 | 45720 Woodland Road Suite 100 Sterling, VA 20166
Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Latino's Auto Service & Repair, Inc. in Sterling
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near Ashburn
Towing Special!view coupon
Free Towing within a 35 mile radius when you spend $500 or more in repairs.
Owner Miguel of Latinos Auto is by far the most professional and accommodating mechanic that I have worked with in a very long time. I have worked with quite a few mechanics and car professionals during my time and Miguel is at the top of my list. Please allow me to explain. My 2016 Ford Expedition needed a complete engine replacement, but the challenge was that I had a warranty through Car Shield. If you ever had an auto warranty through a 3rd party then you will understand that nothing is easy and Car Shield is NOT an easy company to deal with. Matter of fact, I had taken my truck to two dealership and another garage and all three gave up dealing with Car Shield. One garage said they will not conduct work on any vehicles covered by Car Shield. I had the reached the end of my patience with Car Shield and was ready to just sell my truck to a junk yard when I saw a bright yellow and red sign LATINO AUTO on the street just down from another garage that gave up on me and Car Shield. From personal experience, i always find Latinos to be some of the hardest working people on the planet doing jobs that no one else wants to do so I figured that a place bearing the name LATINO Auto must be good. Upon meeting Miguel, it was evident that he was willing to work with me and most importantly with Car Shield. From when I first dropped off the vehicle to when it was finished took about 35 days...most of that time spent dealing and working with Car Shield. Every step of the way, Car Shield needed pictures, information, etc, etc..and Miguel patiently worked to send them everything they needed. It was as if Car Shield was hoping I would give up. However, I was determined to have Car Shield cover the engine replacement, but having the right mechanic was the important thing. Any other mechanic would have probably given up..but,not Miguel. Together, we both tagged team against Car Shield and after a drawn out process, Car Shield and I finally came to an agreement where about 2/3 of the cost for an engine replacement was covered by them. Once the new engine finally arrived, Miguel single handedly installed the new engine in less than 3 days. Now, my Expedition runs better than before all thanks to Miguel. If not for Miguel and his patience to deal with the many requirements by Car Shield, I would not be where I am today. I highly recommend Miguel for any and all of your automotive repairs. The fact that he was able to remove an old engine and replace it all by himself speaks to his expertise. Thank you Miguel for a job well done. Muchas Gracias my friend!. Ron P. FIE'EIKI AZ resident living in VA.